RESTYLANE® and JUVEDERM® (dermal fillers) are injections that fill out facial lines, correct scarring from acne and can be used to enhance the chin, cheekbones and lips.
They present new options in treatment of facial imperfections without the waiting period, risk of allergic reaction, or the frequent touch-ups demanded by collagen. The composition of RESTYLANE® and JUVEDERM® is a natural substance the human body already produces, making it easy for the body to break down over time. Nutrients, oxygen, and hormones pass easily through the gel, encouraging the health and vitality of the skin. RESTYLANE® is free of any animal products and is an attractive choice for vegetarians who want to avoid such components used in collagen treatments.
We recommend keeping up with your treatment by refreshing your injections every six to 12 months. Over a half-million men and women worldwide have been successfully treated with RESTYLANE® since 1996.
- Composed of a natural substance making it a safer alternative to collagen injections.
- RESTYLANE® and JUVEDERM® fill out facial lines, correct scarring from acne and can be used to enhance the chin, cheekbones, lips and bridge of the nose.
- Over a half-million men and women worldwide have been successfully treated with RESTYLANE® since 1996.
- What are dermal fillers?
- Dermal fillers and injectable soft-tissue materials that are placed into the lips, lines, creases and hollowed-out areas of the face in order to restore a smoother, more youthful-looking appearance.
- What are the benefits of using dermal fillers?
- Dermal fillers can plump up thin lips, fill in smile lines, facial folds and creases and fill out sunken areas on the cheek bones.
- Is Restylane® safe?
- Restylane® is a safe and natural cosmetic dermal filler that restores volume and fullness to the skin to correct facial wrinkles and folds. Over 4 million Restylane® treatments have been safely administered in more than 70 countries and is now approved in the U.S. for the treatment of facial wrinkles and folds.
- What can I expect during a treatment?
- Treatments will take place in our office. Dermal fillers are administered by a cosmetic-trained physician. A numbing injection or cream will be given prior to treatment. The fillers are injected into the skin with a very thin needle. Afterwards, the filler site is smoothed out using a combination of relaxing hand massage and aloe gel. Ice may also be applied to the injection sites. Treatments generally take 30-60 minutes and the results are often seen immediately.
- How many treatments will I need?
- Facial rejuvenation is very individualized, so please discuss your expectations with our licensed professionals. All cosmetic fillers are temporary and will eventually be metabolized by the body. The duration of results will depend on the type of filler that is used and can vary from 4 weeks up to 2 years. The number of treatments required to meet your aesthetic expectations will depend on the number and severity of condition(s) being treated.
- What can I do to optimize my dermal filler results?
- Dermal fillers are ideally combined with Botox® injections for wrinkles caused by too much muscle tone. Forehead wrinkles, frown lines, crows feet and some vertical lip lines may be better treated with Botox®. An overall improvement in facial skin tone and collagen enhancement can be obtained with laser tightening procedures.