BOTOX® is a non-surgical procedure that smoothes out frown lines, creases in the forehead, lines near the eyes and mouth and on the neck to give skin a more youthful look. BOTOX® is a purified protein that restores, the smooth, natural look of your skin in a pain free way. Receiving BOTOX® is easy and the process usually takes about 15 minutes and requires no recovery time. Results begin to show within days. While each person differs in how long a BOTOX® session works for him or her, some patients experience results lasting as long as four months. BOTOX® has been in use for 15 years to help people improve their skin. In 2002, it was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Since that time, over 3,000,000 procedures have been performed in the United States.
- BOTOX® injections take about 15 minutes, are painless and require no downtime.
- BOTOX® smoothes out unwanted creases and lines on the face and neck, restoring a more youthful look
- Over 3,000,000 procedures have been performed in the US since 2002
- What is Botox® Cosmetic and how does it work?
- Botox® Cosmetic is a purified protein complex that can be administered in a simple, non-surgical procedure that temporarily improves the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines and facial creases in people ages 18-65. Botox® has been used therapeutically for over 16 years and remains one of the most widely researched medicines in the world.
- Forehead creases
- Crow's feet around the eyes
- Frown lines between the eyebrows
Botox® Cosmetic is used most commonly to effectively treat:
The lines on your forehead and wrinkles around your eyes result from years of facial expressions and prolonged muscle hyper-activity. Botox® Cosmetic is injected into the muscles of concern, producing a dramatic relaxation effect that leaves the skin looking smooth and wrinkle-free.
- What can I expect during a BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment?
- Botox® Cosmetic treatments will take place in our office. All Botox® Cosmetic treatments are performed by a licensed physician. The physician will ask you to make facial expressions to determine where the Botox® Cosmetic will be injected. Tiny injections of Botox® Cosmetic will be administered at the sites of wrinkle formation.
- Does Botox® Cosmetic treatment hurt?
- You may feel a slight pinch, however the needle is very small and most clients have minimal discomfort. Ice packs may be used pre / post treatment.
- How long does the treatment take?
- Botox® Cosmetic treatment takes approximately 15-45 minutes, depending on the number of areas being treated.
- What can I expect after Botox® Cosmetic treatment?
- Temporary redness at the injection sites may be noted. Temporary bruising may also occur at the injection sites. Avoid heavy exertion and laying face down for a short period following treatment. Within 5-7 days after treatment, the muscles of facial expression will relax leaving a dramatic effect.
- How many treatments will I need?
- The beneficial effects of a Botox® Cosmetic treatment can last up to 4 months and can be repeated as needed.
- Are there any side effects associated with BOTOX® Cosmetic use?
- The risks associated with Botox® Cosmetic are minimal and mostly temporary when they do occur. They include: localized bruising and swelling, nausea and temporary eyelid droop — which is treatable.